Privacy Notice - SPT Life Sciences Group
Who’s in the SPT Life Sciences Group?
We like to keep things simple, so the SPT Life Sciences Group company you are working with, or that’s contacting you, is the controller of your data. If you are unsure about this then please contact us.
What information do we collect about you and why?
How we use your data depends on how we’re interacting with you. Please select a category to get into the detail:
I'm not a customer
We collect data from various sources to give us insights about our potential customers, in particular:
- If we meet you at a trade show or an event we collect your contact details and any industry relevant information you give us about your preferences.
- If you request a quote or complete an online form on our website, we collect your contact details and any information you give us on the form you complete.
- If you contact us over social media we will collect your contact details, social media handles and IP address.
- If you contact us by phone, we will collect your contact details and information you provide to us about your inquiry.
We also source and enrich our contacts from across the companies in the SPT Life Sciences Group, on social media, the internet and from specialised data brokers. In all cases listed on this page, our lawful basis to handle your personal information and to contact you is our legitimate interest to develop and promote our business.
I'm a customer
If you order or use a product or service from us we will collect certain information including your contact and payment details. We collect this to perform the contract between us.
We also collect the industry you work in and information about your preferences and interests, because it’s in our legitimate interest to understand our clients and develop our business.
Find out more about
Who do we share your data with?
We share your personal data with:
- Our group companies as listed here, if their products and services are likely to be of interest to you.
- Our webinar and event co-sponsors, who will be identified to you when you sign up for a webinar or event.
- In both cases above, we do this on the basis of our legitimate interest to develop our group of companies’ relationship with you personally, and your business. You can opt out of this by contacting us at or by following the unsubscribe link in an email from us.
- Our distributors, if they would be best placed to help progress your inquiry or provide support to you. When we share your data for this purpose, our distributors also share information back to us about the progress of your inquiry. Our lawful basis to handle your personal data in this way is our legitimate interest to promote our business and ensure our customers are adequately supported.
- Analytics and search engine providers to assist us with the improvement and optimisation of our site, as well as analytics and reporting service providers. We share this information if you provide us with consent to the use of such cookies on our site. You can always withdraw your consent. For more information please see Your rights.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to comply with any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding when it is time to delete your personal data, we consider the reasons why it was collected in the first place, whether we are currently working with you or your company at the moment, and the sensitivity of the data we collected.
For more information please contact us.
Where do we store your data?
We store your data on our systems both within and outside the UK/EU.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the UK and the EU, we ensure it receives additional protection as required by law.
You have various rights under data protection law. If you wish to exercise these rights or have any questions please contact us. You have the right to:
- access your personal data and obtain a copy of it
- rectify any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you
- ask us to restrict our handling of the personal data we hold about you
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party
- object to how we are using your personal data
- withdraw your consent to our processing of personal data if you have provided such consent
- complain to us or to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority in the United Kingdom.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is often complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
We have a designated representative in both the United Kingdom and the European Union in accordance with Art. 27 GDPR.
Ian Vallance | Group CFO | SPT Life Sciences
Ian Vallance | Group CFO | SPT Life Sciences